How to create and claim your free Angie’s List business listing
In this 3-minute read:
- Which types of businesses do best on Angie’s List
- How to create and claim Angie’s List business listing
- Get reviews on Angie’s List
Angie’s List is a powerful resource for consumers to use to find local service businesses near them. If that describes your business, then you’ll definitely want to make sure it is listed on this popular platform.
The types of businesses that do the best on Angie’s list include:
- Home repair and home service providers
- Auto industry service providers
- Professional service businesses
- Health industry businesses
- Pet care service providers
Consumers use Angie’s List to find and review service providers in their local communities. It is a network for sharing your favorite providers and finding the best out there.
How to create and claim your Angie’s List business profile
Let’s add your business to Angie’s List.
Step 1: Create an account
The very first thing you need to do in order to create or claim an Angie’s List business profile is create a business account. Go to angieslist.com and click “Business Owners.”
If you already have an account, sign in and proceed to step 2.
If not, click “Get Started” to create your new account.
Fill in your first and last name, email, and password. Click “Create Account.”
Step 2: Add your business to Angie’s List
Next, you’ll be prompted to add your business to Angie’s List. Complete the form with the following information:
- Business name
- City, state, zip
- Service category
- First and last name for the best point of customer contact
- Email address for customer contact
- How you heard about Angie’s List
Click “Add Business,” and proceed to step 3.
Step 3: Complete your Angie’s List profile
Once you’ve added your business to Angie’s List, you’ll be redirected to the business dashboard. From there, navigate to the sidebar at the right of the screen and click “Complete Your Profile.”
Click “Edit” in the picture icon to add a profile picture for your business. A company logo is perfect for this.
Then, click the “Edit” next to “Company Details” to add your hours and a description of the company. If you ever need to edit your phone number, website, email, or address, this is also the place to do that. Click “Save.”
Manage your categories and add more if applicable.
Add images to your listing under the category section by clicking “Manage Gallery.” Images of your business and of employees performing their responsibilities are perfect for this.
At the bottom of this page, you have the option to edit general information, add services, and add service areas. Fill these out as completely as possible to provide potential customers with the best information about your business.
Get reviews on Angie’s List
You’ve now created your Angie’s List account and business profile! There aren’t any extra steps to verify your business.
But, in order to help your business listing on Angie’s List get viewed by potential customers in your community, you’ll want to get some reviews on your listing.
Here are a few ways to can get reviews on Angie’s List:
- Ask customers for reviews. When someone is super happy about the service they received, let them know that you’re on Angie’s List and would love their feedback on your profile.
- Share your Angie’s List profile on social media. You can throw a quick post together with something like, “Did you know we’re on Angie’s List? If we’ve worked with you, we would love a review to let us know how we did!” Be sure to include the link to your profile.
- Send review invitations to customers via email or text. When you go to your Angie’s List dashboard, there is an option to “Request Reviews.” Click this and you will be provided with a link to send customers directly to your listing.
If you want some extra help managing all your online reviews on all the major platforms, you could benefit from a reputation management solution. Womply’s platform collates all your online reviews in one place for easy reading and replying, and you can even set up auto replies. Womply businesses save an average of 10 hours a week! Fill out the form below for a free demo.
Did you enjoy “How to create and claim your free Angie’s List business listing”? Get your free 15-minute demo and see why Womply is the #1 marketing and CRM software solution used by over 450,000+ businesses and growing!
Learn how businesses that use Womply:
Earn 20% more revenue
Get 22% more repeat customer visits
Save 10 hours per week, on average
By submitting this form you agree to Womply’s Services Agreement
Learn more about Womply
Womply Product Overview - Reputation Management, CRM, Email Marketing for Small Business.