The fastest way to get to know your customers
- You probably already know how important it is to have a relationship with your customers in and outside of your store in order to keep them coming back.
- But did you know engaged customers can generate 47% more in sales?
- The problem is that 80% of satisfied customers never return.
- What that means is a satisfying customer experience isn’t enough to bring them back. They need to be engaged.
- The best (and fastest) place to start is with your customer’s purchases. All the information you need to understand your customer base happens at check out.
- Why it matters: Customers expect digital relationships with the businesses they use. The more relevant those messages are, the more likely customers are to come back and shop again.
- The takeaway: many of the people who come to your store would gladly come back with the right level of engagement. Your transactions will unlock the information you need to ensure you deliver the right message to the right person at the right time.
These days it’s not enough to have a good in-store experience to keep customers coming back. If you want them to keep coming back, they need a little help from you – even if it’s just to remind them you’re still there. And keeping customers coming back is critical for business.
Most business owners know how important it is to retain their shoppers. Repeat customers can generate 47% more in sales, help you spread the word as they make recommendations to their friends and family online and in person.
What they don’t know, or should we say who they don’t know, are their customers. Sure, there are a handful of customers they know pretty well, but how many of them are one-and-done visits? How many customers have come back for several visits but have gone unnoticed?
The answer to that question is in your daily transactions. Unlocking the information within each purchase will give you a better look and understanding at your customers on a personal level; it will also give you a high-level look at the health of your customer base. And when you know who your customers are, it’s a lot easier to encourage them back, and it’s never been more necessary to have a customer retention strategy
One of the most interesting statistics we’ve seen in local business purchasing is that 80% of satisfied customers don’t return to the place that helped them out. It’s interesting because it’s proving the experience, while vital in their decision to return to any given store, isn’t enough to keep them coming back. They need something to prompt them to come back to your store. They need relevant marketing, customer messaging, and a digital relationship with your store for the times they’re not in it.
You already have everything you need to understand your customers
A lot of business owners want to start forming better and digital relationships with their customers before they know who they are. They think any message is better than no message. They assume any time is better than never at all. But that’s not the case.
Sending the right message, be it on social media, in emails, on your website, or on review sites like Yelp, starts with understanding your customer base. And there is no better, or faster, way to get to know your customers than by building their customer profile with every purchase
Every time a customer shops in your store, you collect information that will help you make more informed business decisions. And when you can fully harness that information, you’ll be able to answer some of the most important questions:
- How often do they come in?
- When is the last time they were in?
- Do they only shop with you at certain times of the year (holidays)?
- How much do customers spend on average?
- How much they’ve spent overall?
- What they’ve bought?
The fastest way to start forming your relationships is by understanding your customer base. The information in your daily transactions will help you better target your messaging and make sure you’re sending the right messages to the right people.
The best part: Knowing your customers doesn’t just help you win them back; it helps you attract more new customers. When you can turn your transaction information into customer insights, you’ll see the trends that bring customers back as well as the trends that attracted customers in the first place. If you run ads, they’ll be far more effective than before. Even if you’re just posting to social media, you’ll find you’re speaking your customer’s language, and there is no better way to get them to engage.
Many of the people who visit your store come back with a little prompting and the right level of engagement. Womply provides the tools you need to turn your transactions into profiles, your sales into relationships, and each subsequent purchase will only enrich their unique profile. Within a few minutes, you’ll have a database of your customers and a new way to track the health status of your business. Get started today: request your personal introduction.
Did you enjoy “The fastest way to get to know your customers”? Get your free 15-minute demo and see why Womply is the #1 marketing and CRM software solution.
Learn how businesses that use Womply:
Earn 20% more revenue
Get 22% more repeat customer visits
Save 10 hours per week, on average
By submitting this form you agree to Womply’s Services Agreement