After You Apply
- How do I check the status of my loan?
- How fast will my PPP loan be funded after it’s been SBA Approved?
- Why is my loan delayed?
- What are the steps of PPP Fast Lane?
- I would like to cancel my application. What do I do?
- I applied through Fast Lane before the SBA changes went into effect. How can I get my application to reflect the new changes?
- What is the signing process for Fast Lane?
- I failed the security questions on my DocuSign (or otherwise need another DocuSign), what do I do?
- What should I do if I have not received email notifications to sign my DocuSign documents?
- I believe my loan amount is off. How is it calculated?
- After I sign my DocuSign how long until I know whether SBA approved my loan?
How do I check the status of my loan?
- Started: This application has been started, but it’s incomplete. It hasn’t been submitted to Womply for review. To move the process forward, complete the application and submit it. To complete the application, select it to start again from your current location in the application.
- Womply Processing: This application has been submitted to Womply for review. We’re processing the information you provided. Check your Status Detail to see each part of your application and identify any areas that might need to be fixed. At this point in the process, if you need to change any information on your application, you will need to cancel and then reapply. To cancel, please log in and then choose the option to cancel.Please allow 48 hours for the cancellation process to finish. Cancellations are final and cannot be reversed.
- Lender Processing: This application has been validated by Womply. It was submitted to an SBA-approved PPP lender. The lender is reviewing your information and will decide whether your application can move forward. At this point in the process, if you need to change any information on your application, you will need to cancel and then reapply. To cancel, please log in and then choose the option to cancel. Please allow 48 hours for the cancellation process to finish. Cancellations are final and cannot be reversed.
- Lender Processing – Monitor Inbox: The lender is processing your application and preparing to email you DocuSign documents. Monitor your email inbox and spam folder carefully. After you sign the documents, please make sure you download a copy. We can’t resend this information to you.
- Borrower Action Required – Sign Application: This application has been reviewed by your SBA-approved PPP lender. Your review and signature are required. Check your email inbox and spam folder for an email from DocuSign that contains a link to your application. You must act on your application to move it forward.For more information, see What to do if you have not received your DocuSign documents.
- Sign & Hold: You must sign your Second Draw application via DocuSign. Please monitor your email inbox and spam folder for this document. It will arrive within a few days. After you sign the document, your lender will hold your Second Draw application until the SBA is ready to accept it. The SBA requires this holding period to ensure that your First Draw loan was received in your bank account, spent on qualified expenses (including payments to yourself), and marked as Fully Disbursed in the SBA’s systems. This holding period often takes up to 7 days after your First Draw loan arrives in your bank account. The duration depends on factors that neither Womply nor you can control. After you sign your Second Draw application, your application will immediately move forward. You should not apply for a PPP loan elsewhere during this time. No further action is required from you.
- Lender Submitting: Your signed application has been submitted to the SBA for approval.
- SBA Processing: This application has been submitted to the SBA for review. The SBA will either approve or decline this application. We cannot provide a timeline of how long this step will take.
- Application Secondary Review: This application is undergoing a secondary review. This may indicate that a problem was reported by SBA.
- SBA Approved – Lender Processing Promissory Note:This application has been approved by the SBA. The lender is preparing the promissory note. DocuSign will email you the note so you can sign it.
- Borrower Action Required – Sign Promissory Note: The SBA has approved this application. The promissory note requires your signature. Check your inbox and spam folders for an email from DocuSign. You must review and sign your promissory note to move this application forward. Download a copy of the DocuSign document for your records. We can’t resend this information. To avoid delays, check your application Status Detail to ensure your bank info is complete. Problems with your bank info will delay funding. For more information, see What to do if you have not received your DocuSign documents.
- Lender Funding: This application is in the process of being funded by your lender. If the bank information you provided is valid, you will receive your loan via ACH transfer. Lenders have up to 20 days after the date the SBA approves your application to fund your PPP loan. In most cases, this funding happens within 2 to 3 business days after you sign your promissory note. To avoid delays, check your application Status Detail to ensure your bank info is complete. Problems with your bank info will delay funding.
- Updated Bank Information Needed: There is a problem funding your loan. You should check that your Funding Instructions are complete and that you have a verified bank account selected for your application. Your application can have this status if your funding instructions aren’t complete OR if your lender attempted to pay you via ACH and had a problem. This may happen if your bank told us they won’t allow your account to receive this PPP loan or if your lender’s attempted ACH payment was rejected. You should check that your bank details are correct, that you have a verified bank account selected on the Confirm Funding page. If you believe a payment was attempted and returned you should provide another bank account because once your bank rejects a payment you cannot receive another payment to that account again. This status can take 1-2 weeks to resolve depending on how quickly you provide the required information.
- Borrower Funded: This application has been funded. The lender sent the money to the bank account you provided. Depending on your bank, it might take a day or two before the money appears in your bank account. If you haven’t received funding 20 days after signing your promissory note, please contact us for help.
- Borrower Action Required – Fix Errors: This application has errors. The information you entered into the web form doesn’t match the information you uploaded. Usually this means the amount of your loan request is higher than we can support with the documents you provided. You can still upload documents if you believe you might have failed to upload them. To upload new documents, please use the Upload Documents option on your status page. If you do nothing, we’ll automatically reduce your loan request to the amount that your documents support. If this adjustment results in a loan amount we can serve, we’ll move your application forward. If the adjustment results in a loan that we can’t serve, your application will be cancelled.
- Womply Cancelled: This application was cancelled by Womply. Typically this means you didn’t provide sufficient information. Or it means our lenders cannot serve you. If you want to try again, you can start a new application.
- Cancellation Requested: You have requested that your lender cancel your application. Lenders will process this and attempt cancellation with the SBA. This may take a few days to process. In some cases it may not be possible to cancel your application.
- Borrower Cancelled: This application was cancelled because you requested cancellation. This action cannot be reversed. If you want to try again, you can start a new application.
- Borrower Action Required – Verify Bank Details: This application has an error that you must fix before it can be funded. You must verify your bank account or your identity. If you don’t provide this information, your application might be withdrawn. To verify your bank account, please follow the instructions in the email you received.
- SBA Declined – Fixable: The SBA declined this application. It appears that the reason might be fixable. We’ll contact you for additional information.
- SBA Declined – Application Cancelled: The SBA declined this application for a reason that cannot be fixed within PPP Fast Lane. You might still be eligible to apply for a PPP loan with another lender.
- SBA Resubmission: Your approved loan is being withdrawn and resubmitted to the SBA for another approval. Here are some common causes:
- A funding error couldn’t be fixed because of SBA timing rules.
- Information was missing from your application.
- A correction needed to be made to your loan.
If you’re approved again, you will need to sign another promissory note and ensure your funding info is correct. You don’t need to take any further action until a new promissory note is sent.
- Application Declined: This application was declined. If you believe this was in error you may re-apply with PPP Fast Lane.
- Borrower Withdrawn: This application was approved by the SBA, but you chose to withdraw it before you received your funding. Your lender will notify the SBA that you withdrew your application. We don’t recommend you apply through PPP Fast Lane again.
- Declined – PPP Ended: The Paycheck Protection Program has ended. This application was not approved by the SBA. Unfortunately, no further action can be taken.
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Ended: On May 28th, 2021 the SBA stopped accepting PPP applications because the PPP program ran out of funding. Your application will not be able to move forward unless Congress approves more funding for the PPP program. Please visit fairppp.com to tell President Biden and your representatives you want and need more PPP funding.
How fast will my PPP loan be funded after it’s been SBA Approved?
- Most loans from Womply lenders are disbursed within 5 days of SBA approval. The lender average across tens of thousands of loans is currently 4.1 calendar days from the time the borrower signs their promissory note
- After your loan is SBA Approved, lenders have up to 23 days to disburse your PPP loan
- All lenders are strongly incentivized to fund your loan (if they don’t, they earn no fee from the government)
- The most common reason for delays in funding relate to borrower issues including not signing the promissory note from the lender in a timely fashion or problems with the borrower’s bank account
- Borrowers can ensure prompt funding by following instructions regarding their bank accounts. Bank accounts must be open and must be able to accept ACH payments
- Issues that involve suspected fraud may also delay funding; if not resolved these will delay payments further (regardless of other rules regarding timing of disbursements)
The SBA outlined rules regarding lender disbursements in a dedicated document–Business Loan Program Temporary Changes; Paycheck Protection Program—Requirements— Disbursements–in April 2020. In 2021, that document was updated to reflect additional changes to the PPP.
Here are the relevant rules:
- The lender must make a one-time, full disbursement of the PPP loan within ten calendar days of loan approval; for the purposes of this rule, a loan is considered approved when the loan is assigned a loan number by SBA.
- If the tenth calendar day is a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, the period continues to run until the end of the next business day.
- Lenders are not responsible for delays in disbursement attributable to a borrower’s failure to timely provide required loan documentation, including a signed promissory note. Loans for which funds have not been disbursed because a borrower has not submitted required loan documentation within 20 calendar days of loan approval shall be cancelled by the lender.
This means that full disbursement of a PPP loan could be initiated within 23 calendar days of loan approval by the SBA.
Once a loan is disbursed by a lender, it can take time to arrive into a borrower’s bank account. All lenders that Womply is partnered with use ACH as their only method of payment. ACH transfers can take 1-7 calendar days (this depends on factors such as time of day, day of week, your banking institution, your account type, and the standing of your account). Read more information on ACH transfers here.
Preventing funding issues
Borrowers should ensure their banking details are correctly entered when they initiate their application preferably by connecting their bank account using instant verification. Changes to banking information trigger immediate fraud flags which necessitate additional manual review, identity verification and sign off by lenders prior to funding. For this reason, borrowers should not seek to change their banking information unless absolutely necessary. If the borrower’s bank account is closed, the borrower should immediately open a new bank account in the name of their PPP application. The details of this bank account must be verified before funding can commence.
In some cases, banking institutions that are receiving funds may hold those funds due to their own business rules, which may include attempts to mitigate fraud. If an ACH payment goes missing or does not arrive in your bank account in a timely manner, the borrower should first contact their financial institution to see if their ACH payment is being held or delayed.
If the borrower’s financial institution rejects the ACH payment (called an “ACH reject”), then the borrower will be asked to provide another bank account that matches their identity. If they fail to do this in a timely manner, then the lender is required under SBA rules (see above) to notify the SBA that the loan cannot be disbursed. At that time the borrower’s SBA approval will be forfeited for that application. The borrower may then choose to apply with another lender.
If fraud is suspected and a borrower’s information cannot be confirmed, lenders will notify the SBA and the borrower’s SBA approval number will be invalidated. Remember, do not attempt to commit fraud with Womply PPP…you will be detected and reported to the SBA.
Why is my loan delayed?
What are the steps of PPP Fast Lane?
- 1. You enter and submit your information + documents
- 2. Your information is under review
- 3. Your lender preps your SBA loan application
- 4. Your lender send you your SBA loan application to sign
- 5. Your lender submits your application to the SBA to review
- 6. The SBA reviews the application
- 7. The SBA approves it
- 8. You sign your closing documents from your lender
- 9. Shortly after signing, you receive your funding from your lender
- 10. If you chose to receive a First Draw + Second Draw loan you will receive an application for your Second Draw loan
- At this point, you would repeat the above steps for your Second Draw loan starting at step 3
Note: Womply is not a lender, but we help small businesses with the PPP
I would like to cancel my application. What do I do?
Depending on the status of your application, you may still be able to cancel your application by logging into https://pppfastlane.womply.com/sign-in/ and choosing the option to cancel. If your application has already been received by your lender or the SBA, you can decline to sign the agreements that we will send you. If you don’t sign these documents, your loan will never be funded.
I applied through Fast Lane before the SBA changes went into effect. How can I get my application to reflect the new changes?
We are unable to change previous applications. Please start a new application at womply.com/ppp and resubmit your application.
What is the signing process for Fast Lane?
After you have completed PPP Fast Lane, you will be required to review, initial, and sign your official SBA application form. This form will be submitted to the SBA for consideration, and the document is very important.
Before you can sign your SBA application, you will first need to provide knowledge based answers to prove your identity. This is an important page and you should enter the information carefully and completely.
You must provide answers to all questions on the page, including date of birth and Social Security Number. If you don’t, you may fail the knowledge based questions, which will delay your application. Since this is an important fraud check, you will not be able to complete this multiple times if you fail.
Once you’ve submitted your information, the signing process is as follows:
- 1. You will receive an email from Docusign
- 2. Click “Review Document” and follow the steps to electronically sign your documents
- 3. You will receive a confirmation email from Womply
- 4. The lender has now submitted your application to the SBA for review
- 5. Once the SBA has reviewed and approved your application, you will receive an email with a link to sign your closing documents
- 6. Click the link and follow the instructions to electronically sign your closing documents
- 7. You will receive a confirmation email once the PPP Loan funds have been disbursed into your bank account
I failed the security questions on my DocuSign (or otherwise need another DocuSign), what do I do?
If you failed the security question (or need to sign another DocuSign), Womply will resend unsigned DocuSign requests 2 times a day after the first 24 hours of you receiving the initial DocuSign application or promissory note. Unfortunately this is an automated process and Womply Support is not able to speed this process up. Please keep an eye on your email for the new DocuSign.
What should I do if I have not received email notifications to sign my DocuSign documents?
One of the most common causes of this issue is email blocking, particularly if this if the first time you have ever been sent a DocuSign envelope. If so, it is possible that the notifcations are getting filtered into your spam folder, or they are being blocked by your ISP or firewall.
Everyone’s email server settings, spam control, firewall, and anti-virus settings are set up differently. However, you can take the following actions:
First, make sure that DocuSign emails are not simply landing in your Junk or Spam folder.
If that is not the issue, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try. Depending on the situation, you may need assistance from their IT group, or ISP to determine where docusign.net is being blocked.
Allow emails from:
- Allow emails from the domains @docusign.net & @docusign.com
Also you can allow for a specific IP addresses found on our (https://trust.docusign.com/en-us/trust-certifications/whitelist/) Trust Center
For help with specific email clients and domains, please check out these helpful links:
- (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/add-names-to-the-junk-e-mail-filter-lists-HA010355043.aspx?CTT=1) Microsoft Outlook®
- (http://email.about.com/od/gmailtips/qt/et_whitelist.htm) Gmail®
- (http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/basics/basics-29.html) Yahoo! Mail®
- (http://womeninbusiness.about.com/od/email-questions/f/How-Do-I-Whitelist-Email-Sender-Or-Domain-In-Hotmail-Live-Windows-Live-Msn.htm) Hotmail®/MSN®
- (http://womeninbusiness.about.com/od/email-questions/f/How-Do-I-Whitelist-Email-Sender-Or-A-Domain-In-Aol.htm) AOL®
*If you are with Comcast and cannot login through docusign.com or are having trouble loading DocuSign pages, you will want to disable “Smart Packet Detection”. You can do this in the admin settings of your modem (Firewall Settings) or call Comcast and ask them to do it for you since it is a feature they have set to automatically enable.
I believe my loan amount is off. How is it calculated?
If you are applying using IRS Form 1040 and attachment Schedule C, then you calculate your loan amount by following these steps:
- Step 1: Find your 2019 IRS Form 1040 Schedule C line 7 gross profit amount. If this amount is over $100,000, reduce it to $100,000. If this amount is zero or less, you are not eligible for a PPP loan.
- Step 2: Calculate the average monthly gross profit amount (divide the amount from Step 1 by 12).
- Step 3: Multiply the average monthly gross profit amount from Step 2 by 2.5. This amount cannot exceed $20,833.
Your 2019 IRS Form 1040 and attached Schedule C must be provided to substantiate the applied-for PPP loan amount.
Note that PPP loan forgiveness amounts will depend, in part, on the total amount spent by the borrower during the covered period following disbursement of the PPP loan.
After I sign my DocuSign how long until I know whether SBA approved my loan?
Once the lender submits your information to the SBA, a decision from SBA will typically take 2-3 business days. If SBA approves your application then your lender will take 2-3 business days to send your Promissory Note via another DocuSign email.
Once you’ve signed that funding (and assuming no issues with your bank information) you should receive funding within a week. After you receive your funding, we will automatically send you a Second Draw PPP application via DocuSign (if you requested two back-to-back loans). We will provide more details on this process after the SBA approves your First Draw loan.