- You already know how crucial it is to maintain a steady flow of new customers and how online listings on sites like Yelp can help attract more people to your business.
- But did you know only 23% of businesses secure and update their online business listings on critical sites like Yelp, Google, Facebook, and TripAdvisor?
- This is a huge problem because, as studies have shown, customers don’t trust business profiles that are out of date.
- This means you could be leaving money on the table as new customers pass you by due to an out-of-date online business profile. Your online presence is your physical business’s “digital storefront,” after all.
- What better time to start than spring to give your review sites a little extra attention and clear out the cobwebs, so to speak.
- First, make sure your contact information (including website and social links) is accurate.
- Then be sure to throw in some new, fresh images, videos, or visuals to help your customer see exactly what you offer.
- Finally, update your “About Us” description, so it correctly reflects your business.
- Why it matters: Online review sites can be one of the best means of acquiring new customers. The more accurately your profile reflects your business, the more customers you will attract and retain.
- The takeaway: Staying on top of your review listing profiles is a proven way to grow your customer base. Before the summer rushes begin, some basic spring cleaning will help you stay ahead of the game and ensure your customers can find you.
As we head into spring and before the summer rushes, now is the perfect time to spruce up those listings and make sure that what your prospective customers see is accurate, and effectively selling your business. Taking the time to clean up your online listings will help you attract new customer and increase your sales.
97% of customers go online when looking for a place to spend money nearby, making your listings a literal window into your business. If that window is cluttered or oconfusing, it can pose a big problem and affect your sales.
Below are three quick ways you can improve the look (and results) of your online listings this spring.
Update your contact information and business hours
Keeping your hours of operation and basic contact information updated is extremely important. That is how your customers know how and when to reach you. Now is the perfect time to go through your various listings and make sure hours, addresses and contact information matches up across the internet.
Pro Tip: Add special event hours on holidays or for special events. Are you opening early for Easter brunch? Are you closing for Spring Break? Do you need to add in special hours through Google My Business?
MVP Tip: Let your transaction trends tell you when you should be open. Should you open an hour later, or close an hour earlier? Utilizing your transaction data can help you get more efficient and profitable.
Update your business logos and pictures
Update your cover photo with a professional and enticing image. This photo essentially becomes your front window to the online world so make sure it represents your business well. Consider a (high-quality) photo of your employees, your main products, your office, or even a generic local, seasonal photo will do.
If you’ve been in business for a while, your logo may have changed over the years. Now is a great time to update your logos on your social media pages and your website—especially if it’s your main profile picture.
Pro Tip: Make sure your photos are cropped correctly. You wouldn’t cut off the sign that sits on top of your storefront, so don’t cut off your profile or cover photo, either. Because the sizes of photos appear differently on desktops and mobile devices, a good rule of thumb is to find one good square photo for your profile photo, and a 2:1 ratio for your cover photos.
Update your business description
Listings sites like Google, Yelp, TripAdvisor and Facebook allow business owners to customize their “About Me” section. Take some time to go through the various sites and check potential updates. Did you add a major product line? Are you offering a new service? Did you discontinue delivery?
Make sure your company description paints an accurate picture of what you can offer your customer, and what makes you stand out from the competition.
Taking a little bit of time now to tune up your online listings and get them ready for spring and a busy summer will go a long way. Some basic cleaning will help you stay current, attract new customers and increase your sales.
We all know it’s better to stay on top of cleaning on a daily basis, but it’s not always possible for busy business owners. That’s why Womply created a single platform that will help you keep track of your online listings. Manage all your online listings from a single location and never be caught off guard. Request more information from one of our small business consultants