- Online reviews are the new word-of-mouth
- 94% of consumers will use a business with a four-star rating
- 3 steps to improve online review scores
“The more things change, the more they stay the same.” This old idiom rings true for small businesses who face an evolving — yet strangely timeless — battle to attract and retain customers. Turns out, 85% of small businesses get customers from word of mouth, just like they always have, but those customer conversations have migrated online.
Today, online reviews on sites like Yelp, Facebook, Google, and TripAdvisor are the dominant force for consumers making decisions about where to spend their money. Consider the following facts:
- 92% of consumers read online reviews
- 1 negative review can cost you 30 customers
- 94% of consumers would use a business with a four-star rating
- 40% of consumers form an opinion by reading just 1-3 reviews
- Star rating is the top factor consumers use to evaluate a business
- 2 in 3 consumers say positive reviews make them trust a business more
To summarize, your business will make more money by adding and keeping valuable customers if you can maintain a rating of four or five stars on key review sites. You can’t buy positive reviews, so you have to cultivate them. This might seem like a daunting task, but you can take three simple steps to get there:
- Monitor review sites. Stay current on what customers are saying about your business.
- Respond to reviews. Consumers appreciate online interactions with you, and they expect to have their concerns addressed and happy experiences acknowledged on review sites.
- Hijack the review process. The best way to prevent bad reviews, and encourage good ones, is to give customers easy options for providing feedback to your business directly.
We know you don’t have time to monitor a bunch of websites, respond to every review, and keep up with all the other aspects of running your business. So, we created Womply Reputation Defense. It empowers you to (1) get alerts when customers review your business, (2) respond quickly to reviews from all sites from a single place, and (3) measure and track your online reputation and compare it to other businesses.
We also know it’s hard to encourage customers to give you feedback directly. You can request reviews from customers via the Get Reviews feature in Reputation Defense. In addition, Womply Customer Feedback allows customers to text you directly about their experience rather than going straight to Yelp, Facebook, or another site. You can intercept bad reviews, generate more positive reviews, and build stronger connections with customers.
By managing online reviews, you can create more loyal customers, attract new ones, and make more money by increasing customer lifetime value. Request a demo of Womply Reputation Defense or Customer feedback and start owning your online reviews!
Did you enjoy Here’s how online reviews on sites like Yelp, Facebook, Google, and TripAdvisor affect small businesses — and what to do about it? Get a free demo and we'll show you how Womply can help you make more money and save time every day.
By submitting this form you agree to Womply’s Services Agreement