10 helpful online resources for dental practices
In this 6-minute read:
- Free blogs to help your dental practice grow
- Online resources for dental students and hygienists
- Dental magazines you can subscribe to
It can be tough to know where to start in marketing your dental practice, and we want you to know that you aren’t alone in this. Tons of experienced dentists have started right where you are and have a lot of valuable knowledge to share with those who are just starting and for those who already have established practices.
We’ve gathered a list of helpful blogs that you can use to help with your dental business.
1. New Dentist Now
New Dentist Now is run by the New Dentist Committee of the American Dental Association. With resources for dental students and new dentists, they are devoted to helping you succeed in the dental industry.
They’ll keep you up to date on the latest and greatest in dentistry as well as provide insights in setting up and building your practice.
3 must-reads on New Dentist Now:
- 5 Ways To Gain Respect When You’re The Youngest In The Practice
- Your Website: The Real Front Door To Your Practice
- Navigating Difficult Conversations: When Sensitive Topics Come Up, What Do You Do?
2. Dentistry iQ
Dentistry iQ is a valuable resource for all members of your practice: owner, dentists, hygienists, assistants, office managers, and even dental students. This blog is all about helping dental professionals achieve excellence in their trade.
Dentistry iQ partners with experts in the dental industry who are devoted to staying up to date on the latest developments so they can provide valuable content to dental professionals everywhere.
3 must-reads on Dentistry iQ:
- Why Your Website Is Not Working For Your Dental Practice And How To Fix It
- Top Dental Marketing Trends Dentists Need To Know About
- Here’s How Dental Staff Conflict Is Costing You Patients
3. Dental Economics
Dental Economics is the leading journal for dental practice management. Originally published in print under the name Oral Hygiene in the early 1900s, they have been helping dentists worldwide for more than a century!
Today, this dental practice resource has more than 100,000 subscribers for its print publications and over 170,000 online readers every month. They host an annual conference that allows dental professionals like you to get continuing education credits and learn updates in the industry so you can continue to grow your practice.
3 must-reads from Dental Economics:
- The Problem With Most Dentists’ Exit Strategies Is That They Don’t Exist
- Tips For Spotting Workers’ Compensation Fraud In The Dental Practice
- Finding Focus In The Chaos Of Opening Your First Practice
4. Go Ask Fred
Go Ask Fred is run by the founder of 1-800-DENTIST. Fred Joyal is a renowned speaker who focuses on dental practice marketing. He doesn’t publish as frequently as some of these other resources, but he has tons of great insights into marketing your practice.
You can subscribe to his blog to get notifications when he publishes a new post and stay up-to-date on what you should be doing for your marketing strategies. He even has books available for purchase and videos available of his presentations.
3 must-reads on Go Ask Fred:
- Getting Your Dental Team on the Same Page
- Your Patients Stop Listening When They Hear This Number
- Relationship Advice for Dentists
5. RDH Magazine
RDH Magazine is the perfect resource to recommend to your hygienists. They focus on practice management advice, CE opportunities, professional growth, clinical analysis, and more. And it’s all focused on hygienists.
You can subscribe to the print or online magazine, or check out some of the resources they have available for free on their website.
3 must-reads for hygiene professionals on RDH Magazine:
- New Year, New Professional Fitness: In-shape Hands For Total Body Health
- Tips For Staying On Time
- Working As Temporary: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly
6. My Social Practice
My Social Practice is the leading resource for social media marketing in the dental world. They have a wonderful blog full of tips and tricks for staying on top of your social media game.
They also provide social media marketing services to help in situations when you don’t have someone who can manage this for you.
3 must-reads from My Social Practice:
- 3 Quick Tips for a Better Dental Instagram Page
- 5 Things Your Practice Website MUST Have for Dental Marketing Success
- 3 Simple Steps to Growing Your Dental Practice With Social Media—For Beginners!
7. Off the Cusp
Off the Cusp is a blog that Patterson Dental started to help dental professionals stay updated on cutting edge developments in the dental industry. Categories like new technology, dental marketing, human resources, industry events, dental products, and more will keep you in the know.
3 must-reads from Off the Cusp:
- 3 Ways To Prioritize Compliance In Your Modern Dental Practice
- 9 Hiring Tips For Building Top-notch Dental Teams
- How Software Automation Can Boost Productivity At Your Dental Office
8. ASDA Blog
The ASDA Blog is the official blog for the American Student Dental Association. Written and published by dental students and other experts, this blog offers advice and insights into progressing down the path of becoming a dental professional.
With student experiences, advice from dentists, and more, dental students can learn from others as they continue on toward their goal.
3 must-reads on ASDA Blog:
- The Benefits Of Dog Ownership In Dental School
- 5 Lessons I Learned After Finishing Dental School
- Paying Off Student Loans In A Short Period Of Time
9. T-Bone Speaks
Dr. Tarun Agarwal, also known as “T-Bone,” started his show and blog to help dentists achieve their dreams of running a successful dental business. He wants to help professionals like you unlock your true potential.
His show covers interviews, strategy, and advice for growing your dental practice into the business you want it to be. All of his shows are available on his website.
3 must-watch presentations from T-Bone Speaks:
- Overcoming Common Struggles Implementing Sleep Apnea In The Dental Practice
- How To Save Time Training New Employees With Kevin & Missy Fryer
- How In-house Payment Plans Can Change Your Practice With David Stern
10. Smile Marketing
Smile Marketing is a marketing agency that focuses solely on dental practices. They help with setting up your website, search engine optimization, review management, social media marketing, and so much more.
They also have a blog the offers a lot of great insights into marketing your dental practice. So even if you don’t use them to help you market your practice, take advantage of this free resource they are providing you with.
3 must-reads from Smile Marketing:
- 10 Reasons Your Dental Website Needs A Blog
- How To Respond To Negative Dental Patient Reviews
- How To Brand Your Dental Practice
When you’re ready to start implementing some of the new marketing strategies you’ve learned from these resources, there are plenty of solutions to help you along the way. For example, you might want to give reputation management software a try to help you manage your online reviews. Do everything that you can to ensure your practice’s success.
Did you enjoy “10 helpful online resources for dental practices”? Get your free 15-minute demo and see why Womply is the #1 marketing and CRM software solution used by over 450,000+ businesses and counting! Request a free demo of our reputation management software by completing the demo request form below.
Learn how businesses that use Womply:
Earn 20% more revenue
Get 22% more repeat customer visits
Save 10 hours per week, on average
By submitting this form you agree to Womply’s Services Agreement
Learn more about Womply
Womply Product Overview - Reputation Management, CRM, Email Marketing for Small Business.